Campfires are allowed in all open campgrounds at any time unless otherwise permitted by local fire rulings. Fires must be completely extinguished by 11 pm. Fires must always be attended and put out completely with water when not attended (do not let them smolder). Firewood collection is not permitted at Rialto Retreats unless collected by a campground official. (Please do not collect pines and needles for campfire purposes.) Please don't bring firewood from more than 50 miles away to prevent spread of forest pests. You can purchase firewood at stores and nearby sources. Stove and charcoal fires are allowed in campgrounds 24 hours per day. All campfire rules are subject to change.
pet and animal policy
These regulations protect both pets, farm animals and wildlife from disease and each other. Rialto Retreats has welcomed pets for many years and would like to continue doing so. Rialto Retreats is however aware in particular cases, some pets chase farm animals and wildlife, pollute water sources, and can become defensive and dangerous in unfamiliar surroundings. Campers who are pet owners at Rialto Retreats have the burden to assure their pet does not damage the campground values for others in those areas where pets are allowed.
Please follow these additional guidelines for pets, farm animals and wildlife,
- pets must be restrained on a leash not more than six feet long or otherwise physically restrained
- leashed pets may not be left unattended
- for the courtesy of other visitors, human companions are responsible for cleaning up and depositing pet feces in trash receptacles
- remember that pet food is also bear food: store pet food as if it were human food.
- Do not touch the electric fences along cow pastures.
- The cows are not aggressive but they are not accustomed to new handlers. Do not feed or pet the cows.
- Keep wildlife wild. Please do not feed or harass wildlife.
We ask that you know where your children are at all times as there are pets, farm animals and wildlife at Rialto Retreats at all times.
Rialto Retreat's speed limit is 5 mph. Vehicles are to be parked on their assigned camp or cabin sites. No more than two vehicles may be parked in each site on the property. Please watch for the property markers. Respectfully refrain from wandering onto neighboring properties. At Rialto Retreat, plant life is to be respected, too. Do not drive nails into trees or strip bark, leaves or branches from trees or shrubs. Do not hang lanterns from trees or loop them over branches or vegetation; these practices always damage and sometimes kill trees and vegetation.